Let Us Help You with Roofing Questions
In the roofing business, we hear and are asked a lot of questions.
So, we thought to share some frequently asked questions about roofs, roofing concerns or just general concerns you may have.
What are the signs we may need a new roof?
- The longevity of your roof depends on many factors.
- Contact us for a professional opinion regarding the status of your roof.
- Cracked, curled or missing shingles are a good indication that your roof needs replacement.
- If your gutters are full of granules, that is another major indication.
- your attic with a flashlight, look for stains, wet spots, or areas where light may shine through.
- Click here for more detailed information
Valleys are deteriorating at a rapid rate. Why?
- Build up of snow over the winter puts tremendous pressure on the valleys of your home.
- If your valleys are not protected properly with ice/water damning or even if there are leaks at the seams of the plywood, over time that pressure may deteriorate the life expectancy of your shingles.
- Most snow compacts in the valley, that is just a fact.
How would I decide on which products to use on the roof?
- Depending upon your budget and warranty requirements, there are a few options that we can offer you.
- Not all shingles and preparation products are the same.
- Call for an indepth estimate and explanation.
If I have skylights that leak, can they be repaired?
- Yes, if the issue is due to flashing and/or counter flashing.
- If the skylight itself is faulty, we would recommend that it be replaced in conjunction with the new shingles being applied.
How long does it take to replace my roof?
- Depending upon the size of your roof, we can remove old shingles, install new shingles, clean up and be gone between 2 – 4 days.
- Smaller homes can be done in one day, weather permitting.
- However, there are always challenges, it is roofing!
Do you clean the job site upon completion?
- Absolutely! We pride ourselves on cleanliness on the site.
- We clean up nightly prior to departing and do a major cleanup on completion.
Do you do repair work and maintenance?
- Yes, we try to do all repair work in the early spring and late fall.
- Emergency repairs will be treated with more urgency during the year.